Sunday 16 January 2011

December Daily Journal

Every year I read Ali Edward’s December Daily posts and get excited about having a go myself.  In the past, I have completed 2 of Shimelle’s Journal Your Christmas and 1 December Daily.  This year I ordered a scrummy kit from Cocoa daisy.

December daily 009

 

But…. it took forever!  I got well and truly fed up with it after only a few days.  I don’t like printing out my own photos really as it takes such a long time and that is the only way to keep up.  So I made a massive effort to complete it this week.  (I had to finish it because I spent so much money on the kit…did I tell you how lovely it was?)

The book is now really thick and is not sitting properly even with the biggest book rings.  I see Ali Edwards has bound hers with ribbon and bakers twine.  Great idea but can I be bothered to thread ribbon through all those pages? in a word, NO!

Here’s some pics:

craft 368

I followed the instructions more or less that came with the kit, here’s the cover.  The words come from a super duper pack of stickers from Girls paperie.  And don’t you just love the snowflake??

craft 370

The album measures 8” x 6”, cut down from an 8 x 8 chipboard album.  So I cut 2 pages from each 12 x 12 patterned paper, with a long strip left for embellishing.

The first page has the date:

craft 371

 

The second page a photo or two:

craft 372

The third some journalling:

These pages were made using spritzer paints with a mask made from snowflakes cut from my Cricut machine.  What fun!  I’d not used spray paints before.  Note to self, must get some more colours!!

craft 373

And then the 4th page holds more photos!!  Can you see the problem?  Too many pages per day!!!  Too many photos to print out!!  EEK!  I must admit that towards the end of the album I missed out the 3/4 page.

craft 375

 

craft 376

The patterned papers in the kit were just gorgeous!  Here’s a close up of day 10 – following the kit instructions, I am not good at making up these ‘clusters’!  This one includes just the back of the snowflake.

craft 377

 

craft 380

 

Here’s the page about my table.  I journaled about how I have to put away all my scrapbooking stuff so we can eat Christmas Dinner at a nicely laid table!

craft 382

 

craft 385

I followed through right up till 31st December (well I couldn’t miss Nicholas’s birthday on 27th could I?)

craft 386

5 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

Ooo Linda that is lovely! My task today is to finish the last 3 days of my Xmas Journal too!

Deb said...

What a fantastic Christmas album Linda - well done on finishing it! All your effort has produced a wonderful piece of work which you bring back lots of memories in years to come. its beautiful.

Mel said...

This looks fantastic. Inspired me to actually finish mine, my aim is by the end of the month.

scrappysue said...

Linda, this is fabulous! Many congrats on finishing; mine is still at the day we left for vacation. Oh well, I am sure I will complete it sometime. I agree, the kit does look gorgeous and I do love all your misting!

KraftyKaren said...

Looks fab Linda and well done on finishing it. I did Shimelle's JYC last year and struggled to keep up - it took me till the end of Jan to get it finished in the end. I had a rest this Christmas but may try something this year.