Thursday 21 April 2011

A Scrapbook Page

craft 034

A page for my ‘52 walks’ album 2010.  This is my favourite page so far!  I love the muted colours of the paper and the design – thanks Shimelle, it’s one of yours!

 

  • I started this page with a selection of photos, background cardstock and then chose the sketch.  As it is a 2 photo sketch I discarded 1 other photo, which will not be forgotten, it will go in the 6 x 4 pockets on the facing page.
  • Next I sorted through my pile of patterned paper which are ‘leftovers’ from my Cocoa Daisy kits, and chose 2 pieces.  Sorry I can’t remember which manufacturer they are, maybe Crate Paper?
  • I chose the pink Thickers  (foam letter stickers) for the title.  I have loads of ‘part’ sets of alphabet stickers left, most of them without the letter ‘e’ now!  So this ‘e’ is made from a ‘c’ and a hyphenSmile.  Originally the title was just ‘Beach’, but I thought it looked better balanced with ‘walk’ added down the bottom.
  • The red and yellow flower is included in the sketch, and I was considering adding more flowers across the top.  Playing around with them, I realised how well they go with the paper and added them down the side.
  • Journalling reads ‘Down West Avenue, south towards the sea.  Through marine gardens.  The gardens are looking good this time of year – I love the red crocosmia!  Along the sand at low tide, Merlin running about with glee!

4 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

Gorgeous, very summery! And I'm loving the new style too!

Craftyangel said...

great page, full of energy....i'm still busy with my page to complete prompt 4

Alison said...

Great post about your LO...if you hadn't pointed out the how you've made the 'e'. I'd never have noticed! Thx for commenting on my blog
Alison xx

Tammy said...

Great page Linda! I love your added comments - great tip about the letters turning the "c" to an "e". I also love the flowers you added to the pattern paper. That looks great. :)