Wednesday 11 May 2011

What’s on Your Worktop Wednesday

craft 043
Here’s my craft space this morning.  I am trying to finish another project – this album is all about the houses we have lived in – actually only 4 in our 32 years of marriage!  In the old days we didn’t take photos of ‘everyday things’ very much, so there are lots of photos with the house and interior as a background, like the one of Lucy here sitting on her bed.  We decorated the little front bedroom for her in yellow with Winnie the Pooh border and duvet covers.  She moved into the much bigger back bedroom when she was a teenager and now the little bedroom is full of computers.  I think I have all the photos I need now, just want to tidy up and finish the journaling. 
The album is red American Crafts.  Red because that’s my colour for PLACES (a la Stacy Julian), and American Crafts, because I love the D ring versatility and the different sized and pocketed page protectors.  If you haven’t heard of Stacy Julian’s Library of Memories class, do check it out – here on Big Picture Classes!  It has been renamed for this year and revamped as Finding Photo Freedom, and alumni get to do it for free! YAY!  I have my photos pretty well organised in LOM style, it just needs tweaking here and there, so looking forward to following the prompts again and seeing what new nuggets she has come up with.
Beyond the album is my cricut machine, a box full of journaling spots, a little tin of flowers, my threading water punch (I use lots!) and some bling I picked up from eBay recently, thanks Laura! 
So I have now found out where to link these weekly posts, go and have a look over here, and maybe show us what you’ve got on your work desk this Wednesday!

11 comments:

jude said...

Have fun sorting through those photos.Fab idea though!
Happy Creative Wednesday
hugs Jude x8

Franka Benjaminsen said...

It's great to make pictures of all your homes. I did it too, but in the last 10 years I feel like I've travelled around. I've lived in 5 different homes so there are a lot of picture to stick. This house is one of the best and I hope we can stay here for years.
Happy WOYWW.
Franka

Sarpreet said...

love your album and goodies, thank you for sharing. Happy WOYWW 101, not long left until the 2nd anniversary, have you done your PIF? #2

Andria said...

What a great project! It will be such a great keepsake to have an album of all the places you have lived, and what makes them special to remember. Happy WOYWW!

Gem's Crafts said...

Well your work top certainly looks tidy, mine is still in construction at the moment, with all my stash getting packed away after use! (Usually on the living room floor!)

PS loved your self portraits in the last post, particularly the ones where you were at ground level :)

Bubbles said...

Everything looks so organised and tidy! How do you do it? LOL
Love the idea of having photographs and memories of places you've lived... I've only had six long-term homes in my whole life, all in Southampton... guess I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud who doesn't like change :)

Linda said...

I can assure you that I am not a clean and tidy scrapper! It just so happens that the corner of my table (dining room table) is not too bad at the moment LOL!

shazsilverwolf said...

we always take pics of our homes too- and 'before & after' decorating etc. Great to be able to look at how it used to be. Shaz #106

Elaine Harding said...

What a great project. Wish I was that organised. I've lost count of the number of homes we've been in as well as continent hopping. TFS Elaine#16

Melissa said...

How fun to make an album about your homes - we've had four homes in only ten years of marriage! Hopefully we'll be in this one a while. I'll be coaching in the Finding Photo Freedom (alumni) workshop, so I'll "see" you there.

Julia Dunnit said...

Great way to sort your photos - love that Red is for places...that's the first stumbling block for me..I'd keep changing my mind!!