Wednesday 21 September 2011

Cardinal Colours Retreat Part 2

Ok, now to the classes and projects:

I did 2 scrapbook layout classes with SJ, (she blogs at Little Musings)

cardinal colours retreat 008

The background is glazed bazzill, spritzed with chalk ink spray and then wiped off, sort of like a resist method.  Fabby!

cardinal colours retreat 009

The second one is a paper patchwork.  I just love the papers!!  And that heart punch, what a lovely fat heart!  Both of these Los, but especially this second one were interpreted very differently by each and everyone of us.  I like that the best, that we can all have the same inspiration and papers, but still come up with vastly different pages.  I have loads of paper left, and have already made another ‘paper patchwork’ page.cardinal colours retreat 005

I learnt how to use promarkers!  Linda and Lyn (blogging at Scrapology)  taught a brilliant class using these adorable Faye Whittaker stamps.  I actually bought this stamp as my brother and SIL have this painting in their house!

cardinal colours retreat 001cardinal colours retreat 003

This fabulous pop up book is one of Karen Burniston’s paper engineering creations.  Thanks to a brilliant teacher (Angie) mine has turned out very well, and I am thrilled with it!  I’ll use it to put photos from this weekend in I think.

cardinal colours retreat 010

There were plenty of wonderful make and takes too.  Here’s my felt Christmas stocking (thanks Perdita), beaded pins (thanks Anita) and owl key ring (thanks Zoe).  So much inspiration, I’ll be trying out more of these!

Thanks so much to Gill and all her team for organising yet another superb weekend!

5 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Love your layouts - I wish I had done those classes now but you just don't know until you get there which is going to be the best LOL!! Though I do adore my canvas that I did on the Friday.

The make and takes were great too - I did pins and the felt brooch - must get them blogged soon.

Karen x

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Some fabulous photos there on both blog posts. Glad the one I took came out ok lol.

MiniOwner said...

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Eastbourne?
So good to see you again.
Sue x

scrappysue said...

Oooh what fabby projects Linda! Love them all, but my fav is the first LO. And I agree; that huge heart punch is super! x

Shari said...

Linda - I love all of your projects. Your layouts are fabby. Wow, you got a lot done at the retreat.