Friday 25 November 2011

Thankful

the-gang

www.peanuts.com

I really love the idea of the celebration of Thanksgiving that they have in USA.  I wish we had something similar in the UK.  One of my American friends made the point that it is so good to have a moment to reflect on gratitude just before the greed of Christmas.  I love the big family gatherings, and giving thanks for the harvest! 

One year I wrote a gratitude diary every day in November.  Right now I am thinking yet again how grateful I am to be able to lead the life I do!Here’s 10 things I am grateful for right now (in no particular order)

  1. My husband, best friend and soul mate
  2. My kids, I am so proud of them both!
  3. Friday morning coffee with friends
  4. That I have a wide variety of friends
  5. That I have time and space to create
  6. My dog who brings me such joy every single day
  7. Good Health of close family
  8. The internet to help me feel connected all around the world!
  9. Good food and warmth
  10. living by the sea, it changes and looks different every day.

What are you grateful for right now?

2 comments:

Alison said...

Great list of thanks Linda...my gratitude list is much the same-with the addition that I am thankful that the sun has come back and is starting to dry out my walls again!
Alison xx

Shari said...

What a wonderful gratitude list Linda. Such a nice idea to reflect on this.