Sunday 20 May 2012

Fabric Sale!

I had a lovely day yesterday with my 2 craft cabin friends, Burnice and Tash!

12.05.19 quilt sale 00312.05.19 quilt sale 00612.05.19 quilt sale 00712.05.19 quilt sale 010

We went to Newick Village Hall for a fabric sale by Janet from Sleeping Bear Crafts:

12.05.19 quilt sale 002

where we bought lots of fabric!  Then we drove to Uckfield and had lunch in a lovely sandwich shop, and a little wander round the shops.

I made this ‘Disappearing 9 patch’ quilt at a workshop with Janet some time ago, but I have just finished it!

12.05.19 craft 001

I used an old Moda charm pack, called Portobello Market I had sewn the blocks with the cream fabric at the workshop, and bought the green fabric.  So a few months along, I decided to finish the quilt and needed the border fabric.  Well, of course, hardly any left!  And none of the new ranges would goSad smile.  I rather fancied a red border and luckily found this small print from Portobello Market.  I am quite pleased with it, in fact, it looks quite Christmassy with red and green!

I had a go at machine quilting some little motifs (a little wonky!) as well as quilting in the ditch.  The backing is pieced from another old Moda range called Peace on Earth.

12.05.19 craft 00312.05.19 craft 004

4 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

Oooo dear, told you we weren't photogenic! Quilt looks fab though!

Alison said...

You have been busy Linda....lovely quilts!
Alison xx

Burnice said...

OMG I look terrible!!!!! Quilt is fab IRL too!
Note to self - must stop eating nutella on toast!
Great day tho' thanks girls.
Burnice xx

Wig said...

Lovely work, Linda! ~Cynthia