Thursday 6 September 2012

More Scavenger Hunt photos

Here’s some more of my Scavenger Hunt photos (se Rinda’s blog for details)

9 A FOUNTAIN

I found this one at the National Trust Gardens at Nymans yesterday

nymans 011

16 A BRIDE

I thought about this one for a while.  Where was I going to see a bride?  We were not invited to any weddings this summer.  I thought about photographing the bridal shop in town, or a bridal magazine, I even tried to photograph the Victorian bride in the costume department of our local museum.  Then I realised that she was staring right at me!  This painting of ‘Her Wedding day’ by Anton Weisz hangs in our bedroom.

Tash's birthday 003

17 A CHURCH, CHAPEL, CATHEDRAL, MOSQUE OR TEMPLE

A disused chapel in the back streets of Worthing.  It was built in 1850, but has been shut down for many years and looks like it might be falling into disrepair.

scavenger hunt 003

A MOVIE POSTER

Here’s 5 movies!  As advertised at our local theatre, the last week in August:

scavenger hunt 001

AN OUTDOOR STAIRWAY

Found in the same back streets as the Gospel hall above.  I love this curved stairway at the back of some apartments.  I had to go back to get this picture as there were too many cars and vans parked in front to get a picture the first time I found it.

scavenger hunt 001

That just leaves me 2 to get, an swing hanging from a tree, and a roadside stall.  Hope you like my photos!

5 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love your photos - the fountain is really well composed, the stairway is very cool, but my favorite is your bride. Simply beautiful.
Rinda

Sian said...

I really like that Gospel hall building - round here gospel halls are known as "tin hut" churches becsuse they are never very grand. This one must have been a bit fancier in its day!

Melissa said...

Great photos - I especially like the outdoor stairwell. I found my swing this weekend, so I just need a pier to finish up.

Alison said...

Love that staircase!
Alison xx

Chicken Licken said...

I do like! Especially the staircase!