Tuesday 16 April 2013

Another class revisited

Have you done Shimelle’s class ‘The Perfect Collection’?  I am sure some of you will have, as I  ‘met’ most of my blog readers via a Shimelle class!  The class shows a way of using a collection of papers quickly and easily.  There is a video that shows how Shimelle made her pages, and a pdf that you can download with the cutting instructions.

Basically, you take a collection of papers (I used an older collection from Crate paper called ‘Story Teller’), and cut them up as per the detailed measurements.  You will have kept some back that you can use as backgrounds, and then you begin to layer and stick!

008

You end up with a selection of starting point pages like this:

010

I really like to use a collection when I am scrapping several pages of the same thing, eg, a holiday or event.  So I decided to do another old holiday with these.  This is a holiday in 1998 to Sidmouth in Devon.

011

We stopped in the New Forest for lunch at our favourite picnic spot, Rhinefield.

012

Friends of ours were holidaying nearby at the same time so we arranged to meet them at Lyme Regis.

014

We fell in love with Sidmouth!  This page has lots of journaling explaining why.

015

The folk festival was on while we there, a whole town filled with Morris Dancers!

016

Holidaying with children can be difficult and frustrating at times.  Reading my diary from the holiday I decided to record these frustrations on a page about the day we went to Lyme Regis and Lucy had the most almighty tantrum!

017

We had some really good day trips including this one to ‘Pecorama’ which is where the company make model trains.  There are model train exhibitions, miniature railway to ride on, crazy golf, face painting, play area and a whole load more!

I made 6 pages for my holiday album and have one page left over.  I did add some Basic Grey letter stickers, but no cardstock.

013

I used divided page protectors for the rest of the photographs and journaling and used up lots of the paper scraps and stickers.

So that’s another holiday scrapped, and another online class revisited! I enjoyed having a go at this, and  I really like the finished album. It was a bit weird starting with the pages – I usually start with the photos.  I will probably use this technique again, maybe making up a kit from my stash.

5 comments:

shanna said...

You're making me miss home. I'm from that area originally and don't get back enough.

Sian said...

It's lovely to see someone really making the most of that collection - it has always been a favourite of mine :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I didn't take that particular class, but I followed the blogs of folks who did and got the general idea. I find it very useful. Love what you did.
Rinda

alexa said...

That's an interesting idea - I always start with the photos too. This is a bright and happy collection (despite the odd blip!), and you have really exploited those papers to the full. I bet, with all the journalling, it will be a fascinating record to look back on in years to come ...

Alison said...

Wonderful holiday memories, Linda.!
Alison xx