Wednesday 26 June 2013

Scrubbed and Polished!

 

Way back in December Lucy turned 21.  One of her presents was tickets for both of us to go to a Maroon 5 concert at the O2 arena in London.  It was supposed to be last weekend, but Maroon 5 have postponed until next January!  So we looked around for something else to do, and came across a ‘pamper day’ at a local hotel on Groupon.  I am not usually all that keen on beauty treatments, but Lucy really wanted to go so we packed our swimming costumes and off we drove!  We had 2 ‘mini’ treatments each, a pedicure and a facial.  Look at my toes!

feet 001

We had a really lovely lunch, all healthy stuff, sitting in the bar area.  The waitress asked me if I was Merlin’s owner!  I didn’t recognise her at first, so asked her what her dog’s name was.  It turned out that we used to walk our dogs together about 8 years ago!  Sadly she had lost her dog earlier this year too.

Our day was made when we ventured outside to the pool (the water, a balmy 30 degrees) and then the sun came out!  So we sat in the sun for the afternoon, perfect!

Remember my craft challenge?  June was supposed to be make a bag, which I am pleased to report I have done.  It’s a doggie bag!  I made it from a pattern in Lynette Anderson’s book It’s Quilting Cats and Dogs.

home 009

5 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

Gorgeous bag! Well done you!

Sian said...

Your bag is amazing. (and your feet so beautifully tanned!)

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a cute bag! My daughter and I are going to the spa tomorrow to celebrate the end of summer school for her. Hot tub and massage on the agenda.
Rinda

Alison said...

Sounds like a lovely afternoon...and fab bag!
Alson xx

alexa said...

That s such a beautiful bag - the stitching is so intricate. I bet it gets plenty of comments!