Wednesday 17 July 2013

We Challenge You!

 

Over on www.ukscrappers.co.uk, they are running a Summer challenge.  The idea is to get more scrappers joining in with the various challenges set weekly and monthly.  So for this challenge we had to do 7 pages plus 1 card.  Here’s mine:

Challenge no 1: Shimelle’s Break It Down class, this one is week 2.

A cute page about my niece’s baby Tillie.  The challenge was to record a conversation, and the sketch was multi layering.  I’ve recorded in the journaling how it looks as though Tillie is talking to her dolly, and how her Mum talks to her all the time!

craft 001

Challenge 2: Simple Recipes, this one is from April

Flowered paper as background.  This one is an ancient American Crafts paper!  Using old metal – I found this great metal flower, which I sewed to the page.  Journaling tells how I challenged myself to walk across the glass floor at the top of the Spinnaker Tower and looked down!  (I surprised myself that I did this!)

craft 002

Challenge 3: Weekly Challenge – June week 2

Outdoors as a theme, stripes and plenty of blue!

This page records our last walk down the beach with Merlin.

craft 003

Challenge 4: Old Stash, New Stash, June

Using old stash and following the sketch.  I turned the sketch on it’s side.  Making no apologies for scrapping the best photo I ever took of Merlin!

craft 004

Challenge 5: Have I Got Scrap For You June

What to do with old stash – well I’ve got plenty of that!  This page records the gorgeous tulips at Arundel Castle

craft 005

Challenge 6: House Challenge – May

Using the sketch.  DS Nicholas and niece Michelle in nanny’s garden, about 23 years ago!  Michelle is Tillie’s Mum (in first LO above) – can you see the resemblence?

craft 006

Challenge 7 Snap 2013 week 27 Flower

The challenge was to scrap the photo taken for the photography challenge.  Of course I had to scrap this photo.  Scraplifted from an old Scrapbook Magazine – last Summer I think.  Original page by Liberty Chance.  I think this is my favourite of all these pages.

craft 001

And finally a card challenge!

52 Card Challenge – Week 27, Summer

A card for nephew’s baby who turns 1 next week:

craft 007

I have really enjoyed doing these challenges, and quite proud of myself that I completed them all, and managed to upload them properly to the gallery of UKScrappers!

3 comments:

Chicken Licken said...

Goodness you have been busy! Love all the layered scrapbooking! Well done!

Karen said...

SEVEN layouts!?!? Now, that's a challenge, and you should be proud. I'd love to have seven new layouts complete. Sigh. These look fantastic; I especially love In Nanna's Garden and your lovely tribute to Merlin.

alexa said...

My goodness, you have really risen to this challenge! That is a great spread of variety in design and colour. I love the one of you crossing the glass floor _ always a thrill to surprise oneself! Se you going to have a rest now or are you on a roll? :).