Monday 4 August 2014

My Garden in July

What a difference a month makes!  Especially such a sunny warm month.  Here’s my border at the beginning of July.  Still lots of bare earth.

DSC_5503

And now at the end of the month.  I have planted out some sunflowers, and they love the hot dry weather!  Look how they have grown!  The blue hisbiscus is beginning to flower.  It has taken over a bit and hidden some plants beneath, so when it finishes flowering I will remove the bottom branches.  My dahlias have begun to bloom, a red Bishop of Llandaff and a gorgeous orange one.  I have not grown dahlias before because of the slug problem, but these were started off in pots and planted out with plenty f slug pellets!

DSC_5781DSC_5782

Here’s a couple of photos of our resident Mr Fox.  He loves to sunbathe at the back of the garden!  He likes the old carpet that we put down under the gravel paths!

SAM_0928SAM_0930

I am linking up with The Patient Gardeners Weblog for an end of July look at our gardens!

4 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

It's looking gorgeous Linda. Fancy having a fox in your garden. He seems to have made himself right at home.

Unknown said...

Your Mr Fox is goregous, I think I would prefer him to our raccoons. Your garden is looking very inspiring.

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, that was a surprise at the end of your lovely photos! Does he really kip in broad daylight? Wow!

Chicken Licken said...

Ooo you can keep Mr Foxy Loxy there! Don't want him near my hens!